How to improve gut health?
Symptoms of gut health problems?
We all know that “gut health’ is important for our skin and overall health but where do you start? Is a probiotic enough and which probiotics do I take?
Unfortunately we are all different and there is not a one size fits all approach to our skin and health but there are some principles that you can apply to achieve healthier glowing skin. First let me tell you a little about your gut microbiome
Gut Microbiome are essential for our health and we cause them harm when we over wash our hands and eat a diet that consists mainly of high fat and processed foods as well as lots of animal meat. We stress too much, don’t get enough sleep and drink more alcohol than we do water!
If you are suffering any of these symptoms we know your gut microbiome are not happy:
- Problems loosing weight
- Digestive issues like bloating, constipation, gas or diarrhoea. …
- Hormonal problems such as PCOS
- Problems sleeping such as getting to sleep or staying asleep
- Low energy levels
- Bad breath. …
- Sugar cravings. …
- Food allergies or sensitivities. …
- Moodiness, Anxiety and Depression. …
- Skin problems including acne, rosacea eczema. …
Your gut microbiome are like your individual fingerprint meaning that they are unique to you! You start developing them at birth and then through drinking your mothers breast milk. If you have not had these initial supports to get your gut microbiome started research tells us that you have a greater risk of gut associated disorders as we have described above.
So how can I improve my gut microbiome?
1. The first thing to do is over haul your diet by throwing out the fast foods, foods high in preservatives, additives, artificial sweetners, etc and add in live food such as salads with lots of green leafy vegetables. Reduce your animal protein down to 200-350gms per day unless you’re a nursing mother, pregnant or going through a growth spurt.
2. Ensure that you add fibre to your diet such as flax seed meal, this is my favourite food that I feed my gut microbiome and they love it! Think of your microbiome as your family and if you don’t feed them they will leave home! This is why fibre is so important and usually 1-2 heaped teaspoons a day will do it.
3. Minimise or avoid medications, recreational drugs and excess alcohol as they affect the health of your microbiome and give your liver added work to do.
4. Get a good 8 hours sleep a night – your body needs time to rest and rejuvenate and it can’t do it on a budget!
5. Add fermented foods and drinks such as Kefir to your diet. This old fashioned remedy has proven the test of time and nurtures our existing gut microbiome family.
Do I need to take a probiotic?
Initially in the early stages of making changes, you might find using probiotics very helpful but as you support and nurture your own microbiome family you shouldn’t need to use them.
If you have a skin problem and the areas affected on your face are forehead, chin and cheeks this is indicating that your digestive health needs extra support so Probiotics are a great way to start the support process and ideally your probiotic should contain the species; lactobacillus rhamnosus, saccharomyces boulardii and bifidobacterium animalis.
Professional advise on gut health?
Your gut health is be very complex, unique to you and something that you cant ignore as a healthy gut microbiome is vital for your overall health and wellbeing. There are so many questions surrounding this topic that you might be thinking now such as..
What can I and can’t I eat?
What is the best way to start addressing my gut health?
What is the best probiotic?
Why is gut health so important?
Should I be eating fermented foods and which ones?
Should I be getting tested and much much more……
I can give you a step my step process in making easy changes in your daily life to support your gut health for not just now but your future. We have now partnered with Bettercells to offer you online consultations today. So join bettercells and book your consultation now!
How can we help you?
Subscribe NowTo recieve our latest promotions
You can achieve beautiful skin with all natural solutions